CambridgeClosing date April 16th 2020
Salary Up to £20,000 (Dependent on experience)
1 Position Available
FIELD BASED REPORTING TO GREEN LANE, WALSALL (WS2)
Permanent, full time role; 37.5 hours per week.
Salary up to £20,000
Echo Managed Services are part of South Staffordshire PLC who provide customer led solutions for our clients. We recognise that it is through the expertise, knowledge and understanding of our people that we are enabled to deliver an enriched customer experience. We value our people to ensure they get all the support, training and motivation they need to be successful.
Echo Managed Services have a vacancy for a meter reader who will represent our client - a leading water provider who is recognised throughout the water industry for outstanding service and high quality standards. They provide a constant supply of drinking water for approximately 1.20 million people across an area of 1500 square kilometres.
About the role:
Working as part of a team you will play a key role in ensuring the department performance standards are met, whilst embodying our Company values and maintaining a superior level of customer service.
- Obtaining water meter readings (this can be either scheduled meter readings, ad-hoc meter read requests or large-user meter reads or a combination of these activities).
- Completing any other water meter readings as required by the business.
- Void visits – identifying void properties and recording details and information from present occupier
- Identify and report any suspected water leaks.
- Identifying new meter requirements where needed.
- Recording meter readings on handheld device (PDA).
- Uploading readings from PDA on a daily basis.
- Completing other field-based activities including investigative searches and recordings of meter locations
- Identifying any health and safety hazards occurring in the course of your activities.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety policies.
- Assisting other team members as and when required.
- Participate in regular team meetings and one to one meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good standard of education including GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent study) in Maths and English
- You will need to be physically fit as the role requires manual lifting
- You will have a full and valid driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of using a PDA or other hand held device would be advantageous
- Previous experience of meter reading would be advantageous
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. For all other Echo vacancies across all of our sites please refer to our website www.echo-ms.com/careers
Closing date for receipt of CVs is 16th April 2021.
Refer a Friend Scheme
The employee refer a friend scheme applies to this role, please contact HR for further information.