Walsall, West MidlandsClosing date April 7th 2021
Salary Depend upon experience
1 Position Available
Echo Managed Services have led the development of utility billing software for over 15 years. At one stage over one third of the UK’s water companies were using our RapidXtra platform to generate bills and manage their customers and as a result we have built a wealth of in-house knowledge and expertise. Over the past 3 years Echo has delivered a cloud transformation programme, partnering with Salesforce, to launch a SaaS product, Aptumo® that enables a single view of a customer, is affordable, scalable, highly configurable, dependable, easy to use and provides seamless integration.
Echo completed its first implementation of Aptumo, in Australia in July 2020, providing the first, fully cloud SaaS Customer Intelligence and Billing SaaS Solution for the Global Utility Market; a second early adopter implementation in the UK is due to go live in Summer 2021 with two further client implementations (one each in UK and Australia) underway.
With a number of positive business development opportunities ongoing in the two current territories plus a potential third geographical territory under consideration, Echo is now looking to significantly scale up its operations. Echo has a strong and growing software development team in Noida (India), development and support teams in Walsall (UK) and a growing product / implementation team in Australia.
The legacy product, RapidXtra, continues to have a significant client base in the UK Water sector and will require supporting and development for the next few years until retirement.
- Accountable for software delivery from agreed prioritised demand to high quality implementation.
- Responsible for making visible all sources of demand (including agreed product feature enhancements, software defects and project implementation activities); for planning and ensuring capacity and capability to deliver to agreed priorities and timelines; monitoring velocity and identification and addressing any constraints.
- Responsible for engaging with and managing expectations of clients, SI partners and internal stakeholders
- Responsible for identification, selection and co-ordinating implementation of selected automation tools in conjunction with Head of Technical Architecture, Head of Development and Testing and Solution Architect to enable scale up of business
- Experienced , hands-on leader with strong attention to detail and a track record of managing cloud based delivery teams ; experienced senior manager able to lead, motivate, performance manage, develop and grow teams
- Extremely strong communicator with all levels, able to provide vision and direction to the business across multiple teams and geographies, with excellent stakeholder management skills (internally and externally).
- Understands what platform success looks like and is driven to motivate and lead the delivery teams within the organisation
- Keep a pulse on best practices in the industry and work closely with Product Owners and Head of Architecture to delivery and drive the product roadmaps
- Strategic perspective able to clearly see implications across SDLC of decisions
- Proficient in agile development methodology and processes, with a track record of tailoring Agile to fit the business and market demands;
- Experienced in a continuous improvement culture and demonstrated understanding and application of tools and processes to enhance development and testing efficiency and reduce process cycle time
- Practical experience and demonstrated success in management of productivity and effectiveness of delivery
- Demonstrated ability to manage & motivate staff including track record of skills and development of staff in a growing business
- Proactive approach that anticipates and addresses potential blockers
- Leadership style that encourages, influences, motivates and supports the team to be highly effective, self-managing, client focused, collaborative and to do the right thing
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to produce high quality work to deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Experience of Dev-Ops in AWS and Salesforce
The following backgrounds are desirable (in order of precedence).
- Agile delivery expert, preferably within a software vendor organisation
- SaaS business, ideally Salesforce
- Functional expertise in other utilities
- BA/BS degree is required, MBA preferred
- A good understanding of Salesforce functionality and product knowledge across multiple clouds is desirable
- BCS, BABoK or AgileBA qualifications advantageous
- Prince2, PMBoK or AgilePM qualifications advantageous
- ScrumMaster, DevOps or Product Owner experience is desirable
- Agile DSDM or Scrum exposure is desirable
If this is the role for you, please send your CV and Covering letter to email@example.com