Walsall, West MidlandsClosing date November 26th 2021
1 Position Available
- Performance manage the Field Agents to optimise Field productivity and performance
- Develop Field Agents to optimise performance
- Lead the development of new Field Strategies to increase the value and diversity of Field Operations
- Provide relevant stakeholders with meaningful MI
- Lead on Health and Safety for the function
- Liaise with stakeholders to establish efficient processes to ensure accurate capture of property, customer and meter details
- Provide technical expertise/knowledge to assist in the resolution of internal/external customer complaints/queries or problems
- Develop efficient measured processes & procedures to ensure cash flow across Meter Options, Time Expired Meters, Change of Occupier, DG8/DG6
- Co-ordinate the provision of management information & KPI reports
- Ensure accurate meter reading upload and extracts are completed to department SLA’s
- Liaise with IT/MR to co-ordinate specification and implementation of ad-hoc system/data reports
- Establish and maintain working procedures to ensure MR teams support compliance with DG6 & DG8 reporting requirements
- Proactively keep up to date with market compliance to maintain and adhere to required measures and standards
- Develop and communicate key internal /external levels of service and associated performance monitors
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the direct team.
- Engage and motivate team members to achieve departmental objectives
- Organise the resources of the department.
- Plan and conduct regular 1-2-1 meetings with direct reports.
- Manage absence, capability, discipline and grievance matters.
- Identify training needs and ensure that these are addressed, met and evaluated.
- Conduct routine quality audits of individual/departmental activity.
- Produce and co-ordinate implementation of efficient policy & procedures and documentation of work instructions.
- Develop and deliver new & existing PPS’s applicable to MR within the business.
- Liaise with teams & IT to facilitate coordinated monitoring and on-going improvement of MR systems/process.
- Identify process improvement and be responsible for creating and initiating continuous improvements.
- Co-ordinate team meetings to review systems/process issues.
- Experience of leading and performance managing people (min 1 year)
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and processes
- Ability to lead a safe working environment
- Self-starter, problem solver
- Utility industry experience an advantage but not essential
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to engage others, demonstrate active listening and proficient in the art of negotiation
- A people-focussed Manager, with an intuitive understanding of others
- A self-motivated and forward-thinking visionary with an understanding of how goals and objectives can be achieved
- Team oriented and experience of building cohesive and energetic teams.
- Resilient and professional with the ability to deal effectively with challenging staffing issues
- Market Compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both with internal and external customers.
- Ability to continuously learn new processes and develop appropriate skills.
- A level of numeracy and literacy which includes the ability to work with contact centre statistics and report on these to management.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Flexible and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and make effective decisions.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Understanding to the need for confidentiality and compliance with service regimes.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Results focused
- GCSE or equivalent in English & Mathematics