IndiaClosing date October 14th 2021
1 Position Available
As a Data & Analytics developer you will have the responsibility of servicing the data and reporting requirements requested by the business. The role would require an understanding of the various systems used by the business and an appreciation of how they relate to each other – this knowledge would be provided on appointment (current systems include IBM Maximo, IFS, Oracle, RapidXtra, iTrent and SQL). With this knowledge the developer will resolve incidents, service requests and deliver related projects with accurate reports, dashboards and visualisations in a timely manner. The developer will have various business intelligence tools at their disposal, including Power BI. They will be required to complete the necessary documentation to maintain our ISO accreditation. From time-to-time the developer will be required to respond to issues with server performance and will be required to perform system administration tasks on the reporting application and web servers. The developer will be required to communicate with customers within the business in an effective and professional manner.
Required knowledge / experience:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a Business Intelligence or Data team within a large organisation.
- Experience of developing Power BI reports, visualisations and dashboards (further development of skills in this area will be supported as required).
- Graduate in computer / information technology related degree.
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts and integrating data from multiple sources.
- Working knowledge of handling data from structured and unstructured data sources.
- Have full understanding of data processes such as data quality, data cleansing and ETL.
- Ability to read and write complex, yet efficient SQL in the form of queries, functions and stored procedures.
Desirable knowledge / experience:
- Use of Microsoft data tools (SSIS, SSAS, Data Factory).
- Creation of reports with SSRS.
- Experience designing and developing QlikView applications, models and dashboards (QlikView is the legacy system and knowledge of this would be beneficial but not critical to help the transition to Power BI).
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you clearly demonstrate that you meet the criteria for this post.