Echo Managed Services is part of South Staffordshire PLC who provides customer led solutions for its clients. We recognise that it is through the expertise, knowledge and understanding of our people that enables us to deliver an enriched customer experience. We value our people to ensure they get all the support, training and motivation they need to be successful. We have a first class training programme and a clearly defined career pathway – if you are willing to work hard, we are ready to help you progress.
- Through inbound and outbound call handling, proactively engage with customers with arrears to secure immediate payment, or where circumstances dictate, negotiate repayment plans with those in financial difficulty.
- Carry out collections and debt recovery procedures in accordance with company policy and procedures, ensuring that collections performance measures are met.
- Be fully conversant in the end to end collections process to ensure clear advice and consequences of non-payment can be communicated to customers.
- Signpost customers to support and free advice debt advice agencies where appropriate
- Identify and explain bill reduction options for customers with affordability issues/vulnerable customers
- Ensuring that the customer is at the forefront through the delivery of service excellence – handling all telephone calls and written correspondence to required quality levels – exceeding customer expectations and meeting all contractual and regulatory Service Level Agreements
- Establish and maintain rapport with customers – listen to, analyse and translate client and customer feedback into service improvement initiatives.
- Work as an effective member of the team – ensuring a strong team and quality ethos – strive to ensure that the entire team achieves it’s service targets and objectives
- Comply with Data Protection and Security at all times.
- Live Echo’s values
- Commitment to working towards personal targets and role specific working practices (detailed in individual PDR).
- A proven Customer Services Advisor/Collector with experience in a high volume, customer contact environment with the ability to engage with customers and negotiate appropriate outcomes.
- Knowledge of contact centre technology and processes – both telephony and correspondence
- A working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- An appreciation of service level agreements and OFWAT regulations.
- Excellent Communication skills, with the ability to engage with customers and negotiate appropriate outcomes
- Influencing & Negotiating skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Personal Characteristics:
- Strong Team Player who strives to achieve team as well as individual targets
- Customer focused
- An effective relationship builder – can quickly establish rapport with people
- Results Focused, confident and assertive
- Professional, Enthusiastic and Flexible
- Articulate, courteous, assertive, resilient and empathetic
- Positive can do attitude
Educated to GCSE or equivalent level in English and Maths – desirable but not essential.
The Collections Team covers a working window of 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm on Saturdays. You will be required to work varied shift patterns within these hours.
To apply for this role please send your CV to IWantToWork@echo-ms.com before the closing date.