Walsall, West MidlandsClosing date May 7th 2021
Salary Up to £40,000
1 Position Available
Echo has a great opportunity for you to work in a fast paced, environment where your work will make a difference to deliver more tailored services and a better experience for our customers.
Working across the retail operation and software services you will gain experience in both the water industry and the creation, implementation, and support of our exciting new billing system Aptumo. This will require you to manage your time effectively and prioritise across multiple workstream and deliverables but will also provide you with many development and growth opportunities.
We are looking for a business analyst who has the skills to both gather and interpret software requirements and support continuous improvement and process change. Their key responsibilities will be:
- Partnering with existing external Customers to gather business requirements and create a clear conceptual design to meet business requirements
- Supporting business transition and helping to establish change
- Understanding business needs as they relate to a potential change or transformation
- Simplifying requirements, so they are easily understood across the whole team
- Evaluating risks and predicting potential problems
- Writing reports, instructions and specifications and creating flowcharts
- Manage the overall work plan to ensure work is assigned and completed on time within budget
- You will be able to constructively identify areas for improvement and coach others in new techniques, behaviours and mind sets
- You will be able to approach, work with, influence and challenge across all levels
- Present business solutions and recommendations to internal and external Stakeholders and Clients
- Conduct requirements gathering workshops and develop requirements, translating them requirements int user stories
- Hold structured walkthroughs to ensure client understanding of the functional solution and assist their review and sign off.
- Schedule and deliver structured functional design walkthroughs with the development team assigned to the delivery of the changes. To ensure that possible ambiguity is removed, and that development will follow the intended functionality as detailed in the design.
Experience, Skills and Behaviours
- Minimum 2-4 years previous experience in a Business Analyst role with a desire to develop in a role with exposure to a wide breadth of activities with the product/customer lifecycle
- Previous experience working for a SaaS company or implementing SaaS company is desirable
- Previous experience of working in a customer service or contact centre environment with a focus on delivering service excellence is desirable
- Previous experience working as hybrid BA/PM or being a BA within a complex delivery program is desirable
- Experience in business case development
- Previous experience in the Utility markets, in particular the water industry, is desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience of facilitating workshops for clients is essential
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Can learn quickly when facing new problems; open to change and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Negotiation and influencing – can negotiate and influence clients in tough situations
- Drive and flexibility to go above and beyond to meet client expectations and required timescales
- Able to think and plan, be proactive and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skill.
- Ability to communicate technical detail in ways that business users can understand to help them access and interpret information hidden within large and complex dataset.
- IT literate and cloud first- proficient utilising O365, Jira, Microsoft Teams
- Previous experience of implementing or utilising Salesforce is desirable
- Degree level qualified or relevant equivalent qualification or experience
- BCS, BABoK or Agile BA qualification advantageous
- Prince2, PMBoK or Agile PM qualification advantageous
If this sound like the perfect opportunity to you, please send your CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org